Thursday, February 24, 2011

My New Old Fifty T-Bird. Almost done...again


I have been without a personal ride for a while, just too damned busy to work on my own stuff, especially once I get race fever starting in April. The plumber with leaky pipes, the cobbler's kids have no shoes, what the hell ever you wanna say. But it is 2011 and time for me to be riding my 1950 again. I wore out my hopped up 650 motor, and I mean wore it out, flat cams, junked journals and finally a bad hole in the number one piston. Thanks Jeff for pegging me five miles home that nite. But now with the help of my friends, Sonny Routt, Kenny Harmon and Frank Brewer, I am NEARLY ready to go for a spirited romp on my favorite bike. New tank, new pipes, and a few other changes too. Maybe new bars. . .

1 comment:

Stedman said...

Congratulations Wes, must feel great.